Sector-based Training

  adult learning  

Forklift Truck Training 
If you operate a Forklift Truck at work or want a job as a Forklift Truck driver, you will need a licence. We can help fund a range of truck licences and improve your chance of finding work or getting that promotion.  Whether it’s Reach, Counterbalance, Telescopic or Side-loader, we provide ITSSAR and RTITB certified training courses to help you get on or find work. 

If you want to work in the construction industry, a CSCS card is absolutely essential.  The CSCS Card shows that the holder is considered to be competent at his or her job, lists any relevant certificate/qualifications and also shows that the holder has passed a health & safety test.  Whether you are a labourer, carpenter, bricklayer, electrician, or site foreman you will need a CSCS card to get on site.
Local Learning can help you with:

  • Free revision materials to help you pass your Health and Safety Test, worth £25
  • Free Health and Safety Test, worth £17.50.
  • Free CSCS Card, worth £35.
  • An appointment with a Next Step careers guidance adviser to help you find suitable employment

SIA Training
If you’re looking to work as a Security Guard or CCTV operator you will need to have the appropriate training and licence. We can provide SIA approved training across a range of roles and help with funding for your licence.  Whether you want to work as a retail or commercial premises guard, door Supervisor or operate CCTV, we offer the training you’ll need to get the job. 
Local Learning can help you with:

  • SIA approved training for retail, commercial, door supervisor, close protection and CCTV licences
  • Help with funding for your badge if you already have recent training in any of the above
  • A post training careers guidance and job search session
  • Links to local employers

Food and Hygiene Certificate
If you want to work in the hospitality industry, there’s a legal requirement for anyone handling food to be appropriately trained in food hygiene. Local Learning can provide a foundation course in Food Safety that meets the standards required by environmental health inspectors.  Whatever type of hospitality career you’re looking for, chef, waitress, kitchen porter, or bar person, we can provide you with the basic certificate you’ll need to kickstart your career. 
Local Learning can help you with:

  • An overall introduction to food safety, covering topics like hygiene, bacteria, food poisoning and contamination.
  • Comprehensive, concise and equivalent to a ‘full day’ training programme, the course contains 15 modules, each with a short assessment at the end
  • The course lasts no longer than 6 hours and you get your certificate straight away via e-mail as soon as you get all the questions right
  • Careers and job search information, advice and guidance

To be eligible for a subsidy for any of the above programmes, you will have to:

  • Be aged 19 or over
  • Have qualifications below Level 2 (Less than 5 GCSEs at grade A-C)
  • Been UK or EU resident for three years
  • Have your Maths, English, IT and Work Skills needs assessed, identified & addressed.

Once you’ve completed your training, we offer a Next Step careers guidance session, help with your CV, application forms, interview techniques and job search skills to get you ahead in a very competitive market place.

This offer is subject to certain terms and conditions – please contact your Local Learning centre to find out more.

Levitra, on the other hand, is made using the active ingredient Vardenafil and its generics usually carry this name. Levitra is known for its fast action time, which is shorter than most other treatments.

access your learning
request a call back