Free*, flexible, online learning through Local Learning from the basics of using a computer & the internet to advanced use of Office Applications and internationally recognised qualifications. Your level & specific areas of need will be identified through short assessments, before having a programme tailored around your needs and other commitments.
Entry level 2 and 3 Functional Skills in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
The Everyday IT Entry Level 2 course is designed for learners wishing to improve their ability to use IT in everyday, work and learning situations. Learners are likely to have some knowledge and understanding of working with computers at a basic level, and may have limited understanding of using the internet and simple software programs.
The Everyday IT Entry Level 3 course is designed for learners wishing to improve their ability to use IT in everyday, work and learning situations. Learners may possess a wide range of skills and experience of IT – for example, they may be confident in using some aspects of technology, such as using mobile phones, without realising that the skills they have can be transferred to other types of technology.
The duration of the programme vary from learner to learner but in most cases a learner can achieve either Entry Level 2 or Entry Level 3 within 1-2 days of starting the course.
Level 1 Award in IT User Skills
Level 1 Award in IT is an excellent introduction to the world of IT, with units covering the fundamentals of using IT, with a particular focus on the first steps in using a computer, explanations of the internet and email and how they can be used safely and productively.
- IT User Fundamentals
- Using e mail and the Internet
- Security for IT Users
The duration of the programme vary from learner to learner but in most cases a learner can achieve either Level 1within 1-2 weeks of starting the course.
Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills ECDL Extra (ITQ) (QCF)
The ECDL Extra builds on the learner’s initial experience and basic knowledge and improves their understanding of computer applications including:
- Word Processing – This unit develops the learner’s ability to create word-processed documents, enter text, edit and format work as well as use graphs, tables and pictures for a professional finish. The learner will also understand how to work more effectively using tools such as the spell-checker and mail merge.
- Spreadsheet Software– This ECDL unit helps learners develop a working knowledge of Spreadsheets from entering data and formatting worksheets through to creating charts and producing high quality documents.
- Presentation Software– The Presentation Software unit introduces the learner to this important means of business communication. Upon completion, learners will be capable of producing high quality presentations using a variety of tools including charts, graphs and drawn objects.
- Improving Productivity Using IT– The ITQ requires the inclusion of content that builds the learners ability to work more effectively with IT. This unit looks at using tools to help save time and effort when producing word-processed documents, presentations and Spreadsheets.
The duration of the programme vary from learner to learner but in most cases a learner can achieve either Level 2 within 4-6 weeks of starting the course.